Director of Business Development
Director of Business Development
Gresham, OR, US
About Northwest Accounting Partners
Northwest Accounting Partners (NWAP) was established in 2015 by company founder and principal Amanda Garcia to help businesses be successful while having a positive economic impact in local communities. She aims to offer unique premier and customizable accounting services to businesses of all sizes currently serving OR, WA, CA, AZ. Amanda and her team are headquartered in the heart of Historic Downtown Gresham among many of other varied businesses. The NWAP team and their partners are highly skilled business professionals that strive to help bridge the gap between tax professionals and business owners by providing financial literacy to owner operators.
As the Director of Business Development, you will join our management team to develop, coordinate, and implement plans designed to improve existing business and capture new opportunities. This position works closely with the management team to promote our current services as well as develop new programs and offerings in areas that we do not currently operate in. Also collaborating with other management members on development of staff and internal procedures.
You will report to the CEO/Owner and will be responsible for business development tasks including but not limited to:
- Working alongside the CEO/Owner and management team in managing the onboarding of client accounts.
- Assisting in growth and development of staff as well as the overall business.
- This involves expanding and securing new business, managing project portfolio that meets or exceeds projections, and participating in the internal management of the company.
- Keep staff up to date with recurring training and new training opportunities to enhance their skills.
- Work with other department managers for development and achievement of short and long-term company goals and objectives.
- Redesign business plan (SOP/Policy) for an improved strategized organizational structure that fosters a good company culture for proficiency throughout all accounts.
- Discover new clients/accounts in varied industries via marketing campaign
- Marketing Responsibilities involve: working with outside marketing company to develop professional & effective marketing strategies by studying economic indicators, tracking changes in supply and demand, identifying customers and their current/future needs, and monitoring the competition via market research. Applying to both current and potential clientele.
- Additional responsibilities include improving and maintaining company website, social media outlets, and overall brand service awareness in conjunction with outside marketing company.
- Act as internal financial planner by analyzing financial information to produce forecasts of business, industry, and economic conditions to make informed investment decisions.
- Travel as necessary for customer visits, internal tradeshows, marketing opportunities and operational support on an accounting basis.
- Budgeting and forecasting presentations to CEO/Owner quarterly and as needed.
- Client budget hours analysis for internal processes review with management team.
- Networking and prospecting for new leads and clients
- Upselling current clients
- Setting up meetings and presentations
- Concept development and research for pitches and proposals
- Documenting of proposals and contracts via CRM
- Required Competencies
- Proven ability to drive the sales process from strategy to close
- Maintaining a diversified weighted clientele
- Creating projections and budgets for ongoing development decisions
- Internal process development and improvement
- Collaborating with internal management teams
- Self-motivated, enthusiastic, and analytical
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- BA/BS degree in related field
- 5+ years of experience in Business Development and Marketing
- Experience with nurturing and prospecting for new leads and clients
- Effective written and verbal communication
- Ability to drive the sales process from strategy to close
- Background in Sales projections and budgeting required
If this opportunity sounds exciting, please send us your resume and professional cover letter. We look forward to hearing from you!
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $50k to $60k /year DOE + Commission
- Gresham, OR
- Up to $400 reimbursement toward personal medical expenses
- Paid time off based upon approval
- OR Sick Leave
- Parental Leave
- Bereavement Leave
- Professional Development Assistance
- Access to company sponsored massage professional
- Profit Sharing
- Regular holiday closures + birthday holiday
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented – Customer quality and precision-focused
- Highly skilled business professionals that strive to help bridge the gap between tax professionals and business owners by providing financial literacy to owner operators.
- Entrepreneurial spirit towards client’s businesses.
- As a company we recognize and try to accommodate employees’ life needs while continuing to focus on business.
- Client Facing Business Hours: Monday - Friday, 9am – 4pm.
- Flexible work schedule around regular business hours